For routine control adult dogs should be treated every 3 months. In the event of a heavy roundworm infection, a repeat dose should be given after 14 days.
Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age and every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Thereafter they should be treated at 3 month intervals. It is advisable to treat the bitch at the same time as the puppies.
For the control of Toxocara, nursing bitches should be dosed 2 weeks after giving birth and every 2 weeks until weaning.
Any part-used tablets should be discarded.
Dose: 1 tablet per 10 kg body weight
Puppies and Small Dogs:
- 2-5 kg body weight = 0.5 (half) a tablet
- 6-10 kg body weight = 1 tablet
- 10-15 kg body weight = 1.5 (one and a half) tablets
- 16-20 kg body weight = 2 tablets
- 20 - 25 kg body weight = 2.5 (two and a half) tablets
- 25-30 kg body weight = 3 tablets
- 31-35 kg body weight = 3.5 (three and a half) tablets
- 36-40 kg body weight = 4 tablets
- Alternatively consider using Drontal XL tablets for dogs over 35kg.
For oral administration, the tablets can be given directly to the dog or disguised in food. Access to normal diet does not need to be limited before or after treatment.