Maintaining a harmonious household with more than one cat can be difficult. Many cat owners have turned to FELIWAY® FRIENDS, the only product clinically proven to help reduce or prevent conflicts and tensions between household cats.
FELIWAY® FRIENDS is a synthetic copy of the cat appeasing pheromone (CAP) which is naturally produced by the mother after giving birth. This pheromone helps to create a bond between her and her kittens and creates a harmonious environment where her kittens feel safe. FELIWAY® FRIENDS has the same effect when used in the home and has been shown to help housemate cats live in harmony together.
Signs of conflict and aggression between your cats can include:
- Staring / stalking at each other
- Hissing, growling, spitting
- Blocking each other
There can also be less visible signs of conflict such as:
- Fleeing from housemate cats
- Avoidance in response to housemate cat
- One cat remaining hidden
FELIWAY FRIENDS is available as a 30 day plug in diffuser and refill. The diffuser should be plugged into the room where the cat spends most of its time. Continue to use the product until conflicts subside.
Alongside using FELIWAY FRIENDS we also recommend the following:
- Ensure that you have enough food bowls for all the cats in your household. Place the bowls at different heights to avoid all the cats eating in the same place (you can utilise tops of shelves or chairs for example).
- Make sure you have a litter tray for each cat in the household plus 1 extra in different places around your home. It is important to check your cat's preferences as older cats may not be able to access the same litter trays as easily as younger more agile cats.
- Provide escape routes that are available all the time for your cats, as well as hiding places for them to bolt to, should they need them. Remember, when a cat is stressed, scared or wants some privacy, they like areas they can go to that are warm, quiet, safe and most importantly where they can be alone.
- To avoid any unwanted cat visitors entering your home, you can fit a microchip cat flap that will only allow your cats in and out of the household.