The HALTI Training Lead is a multi-functional, double-ended lead that can be used in 8 different ways:
1. Short length for heel training or normal walking.
2. Medium length for obedience training.
3. Long length for recall or distance work.
4. Hands-free dog training.
5. Two dogs on one lead – making use of the double ended trigger hook.
6. Easy, supervised tethering.
7. Double steering for optimum HALTI control.
8. Recommended for use with the HALTI Headcollar/Harness.
If you're often road-walking, a fixed length lead is recommended to help keep your dog close by. If you're not but your dog isn't so responsive to recall, then a retractable lead is best for you.
As a general rule, keep your dog on a lead if you cannot rely on its obedience. This is especially important on a bridleway or byway as you may meet horses or other dogs.