For overweight dogs:
- Low in fat and energy to encourage use of stored body fat to meet energy needs, resulting in weight loss.
- High in fibre to increase dietary bulk which limits hunger.
- Added L-carnitine to help burn fat as energy and maintain lean muscle mass.
For overweight dogs with fibre-responsive conditions:
- Diabetes mellitus: High fibre helps manage blood glucose fluctuations for diabetic patients.
- Colitis: High fibre modifies bowel transit time.
- Constipation: High fibre absorbs water and increases bowel motility
- Overweight dogs
- Fibre-responsive conditions in overweight dogs: diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidaemia, colitis and constipation
Not Recommended For
Dogs that are debilitated or underweight, dehydrated, in a hypermetabolic state, or with moderate to advanced heart failure, chronic kidney disease (IRIS stage 3 - 4) or liver disease.
By purchasing this product you confirm that your pet has been examined by a vet who recommended this diet on the basis of their diagnosis. You confirm that you understand that whilst your pet is being fed this diet, it is recommended that you seek veterinary advice at least every 6 months regarding its usage. You also confirm that you understand that you need to seek veterinary advice if your pet's condition deteriorates in any way whilst feeding this diet.
With Chicken (minimum 16%): Ground maize, maize gluten meal, chicken and turkey meal, dried beet pulp, pea bran meal, soybean meal, digest, animal fat, vegetable oil, DL-methionine, L-lysine hydrochloride, salt, L-carnitine supplement, ground rice, taurine, L-tryptophan, vitamins and trace elements. Contains EU approved antioxidant.
Dry Matter: Protein 34.60%, Fat 9%, Carbohydrate (NFE) 37.30%, Fibre (crude) 13.1%, Moisture -, Calcium 0.87%, Phosphorus 0.66%, Sodium 0.30%, Potassium 0.87%, Magnesium 0.12%, Omega-3 fatty acids 0.17%, Omega-6 fatty acids 2.88%, L-Carnitine 353 mg/kg, Vitamin A 11603 IU/kg, Vitamin D 462 IU/kg, Vitamin E 652 mg/kg, Vitamin C 76 mg/kg, Beta-carotene 1.60 mg/kg.
For correction of excess weight - Target Body Weight (kg): Dry Grams
2kg: 40g; 3kg: 55g; 4kg: 65g, 5kg: 80g; 10kg: 130g; 20kg: 220g; 30kg: 295g; 40kg: 370g; 50kg: 435g; 60kg: 500g; 70kg+: 8g per kg.
For all other recommendations - Target Body Weight (kg): Dry Grams
2kg: 50 - 70g; 3kg: 70 - 100g; 4kg: 90 - 120gg, 5kg: 105 - 145g; 10kg: 175 - 240g; 20kg: 295 - 405g; 30kg: 400 - 550g; 40kg: 495 - 685g; 50kg: 585 - 810g; 60kg: 670 - 930g; 70kg+: 12 - 14g per kg. Guidelines only: adjust values to maintain optimal body weight. A 350g can is equal to 85g of the dry food.