100% Guaranteed for quality, consistency and taste or your money back.
Hills Prescription Diet Canine s/d has been formulated to meet the nutritional needs of dogs suffering with urinary disease, a common complaint, known to cause particular discomfort and often bloody urination. In many cases, urinary disease can lead to the onset of further illness, requiring veterinary advice and treatment.
- Reduced magnesium, phosphorus and protein to reduce the urinary concentration of the building blocks of struvite crystals and bladder stones.
- Increased sodium to encourage drinking to increase urine volume to help dilute the concentration of struvite building blocks.
- Encourages formation of an acidic urinary pH to increase the solubility of struvite.
Hills Prescription Diet s/d has been developed to help manage symptoms of urinary disease but is not to recommended for dogs without seeking appropriate medical advice beforehand.
By purchasing this product you confirm that your pet has been examined by a vet who recommended this diet on the basis of their diagnosis. You confirm that you understand that whilst your pet is being fed this diet, it is recommended that you seek veterinary advice at least every 6 months regarding its usage. You also confirm that you understand that you need to seek veterinary advice if your pet's condition deteriorates in any way whilst feeding this diet.
Not Recommended For:
- Dogs for the first two weeks after surgery, for dogs concurrently receiving urinary acidifiers, or for feeding for longer than 6 months without monitoring plasma protein and acid-base status (because of low protein content and urine acidifying properties).
- Dogs with non-struvite uroliths, kidney disease, liver disease, heart failure or hypertension.
Maize starch, animal fat, dried whole egg, pork liver, sucrose, cellulose, iodised salt, vegetable oil, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, DL-methionine, taurine, vitamins and trace elements.
Dry Matter: Protein 7.9%, Fat 26.10%, Carbohydrate (NFE) 58.50%, Fibre (crude) 2.2%, Moisture -, Calcium 0.27%, Phosphorus 0.07%, Sodium 1.28%, Potassium 0.44%, Magnesium 0.02%, Chloride 2.37%, Sulphur 0.30%, Omega-3 fatty acids 0.36%, Omega-6 fatty acids 5.17%, Vitamin A 13504 IU/kg, Vitamin D 1504 IU/kg, Vitamin E 598 mg/kg, Beta-carotene 1.50 mg/kg.
Body Weight (kg): Cans
2kg: 0.33 - 0.50; 5kg: 0.66 - 1; 10kg: 1 - 1.50; 20kg: 1.75 - 2.50, 30kg: 2.50 - 3.33; 40kg: 3 - 4.25; 50kg: 3.66 - 5; 60kg+: 0.75 per 10kg body weight. Guidelines only: adjust values to maintain optimal body weight.
12 x 370g tins.
Fresh drinking water should be available to your pet at all times.