Slim & Slender is a premium, grain free, complete dried dog food for dogs that are overweight. This is ideal if you are looking for a dried food to help manage your dogs weight while promoting a slim and slender body composition. The food is packed with active ingredients, including 45% lean, free run, British chicken, sweet potato as a digestion-aiding fibre, pea protein to lower hunger, CLA to support fat metabolism, psyllium which promotes satiety, L-canitine, Glucosamine and Chondroitin to support joints, and probiotics and prebiotics to aid in digestion. Pooch and Mutts `Slim & Slender is vet recommended and made in the UK.
Pooch & Mutt Slim & Slender also contain NUTRA-BIONIC which is a unique supplement which contains ingredients that provide digestive help, aid the skin and coat, reduce stool odour and support urinal tract health.
- 45% chicken; a low-fat protein source that is naturally rich in l-carnitine
- Sweet potato; which is low gi, high in fibre and a source of b-vitamins
- Pea protein; which is low gi, high in BCAAs and shown to help management of ghrelin the hunger stimulating hormone
- CLA; shown to support fat metabolism and aid weight management
- Psyllium; a dietary fibre that promotes satiety
- L-carnitine; a popular fat burning supplement
- Probiotics and prebiotics; to aid digestion and
- Glucosamine and chondroitin; to support joints that may be carrying extra weight.
Why feed grain free:
Many dogs struggle to digest foods that are high in grains (including corn and wheat). Intolerance to grain can manifest in many ways, such as digestive discomfort, itchy skin and sub-optimal health.
Chicken (45%; including; 25% freshly prepared chicken, 16% dried chicken, 2% chicken oil, 2% chicken gravy), sweet potato (25%), potato, peas, pea protein (6%), beet pulp, linseed, alfalfa, minerals, vitamins, brewers yeast, cla supplement (960kg/kg), mannanoligosaccharides (prebiotic mos), fructooligosaccharides (prebiotic fos), psyllium (0.08%), yucca schidigera extract, cranberry, glucosamine (175 mg/kg), chondroitin sulphate (125 mg/kg).
protein 25%, crude oils and fats 12% , crude fibres 4.5%, inorganic matter 7% , omega 6 2.09%, omega 3 1.07%, calcium 1.33%, phosphorus 1.00%
The quantities below are meant as a rough guide. The correct amount of food will depend on your dog’s level of activity, breed, age and if they are overweight or underweight.
Small dogs (1-10kg) 20-120 g/day 200-33 meals/bag
Medium dogs (11-25kg) 120-240 g/day 33-17 meals/bag
Large dogs (26-45kg) 240-375 g/day 17-11 meals/bag
Giant dogs (45kg+) 375 g/day 11 meals/bag