Zylkene capsules is a natural product to help your dog cope with stress, stressful situations and adapt to change.
It is recommended by vets for a variety of stress related behavioural problems such as:
- separation anxiety (physical separation from the owner to whom it is attached)
- excessive whining or barking
- destructive behaviour
- House soiling
- reduced appetite
- sleep disturbances
- reduced play and/or interaction with other people or pets
- excessive grooming
It is also indicated for times when you wish to reassure your dog and prevent stress during periods when a big event is happening such as:
- New baby or other pets and people coming into the home
- moving, changing or remodelling the house
- visits to vets or kennels
- during hospitalisation
- for travelling and holidaying
- during thunderstorms, lightening or fireworks
No side effects have been associated with the use of zylkene and it can be used for short periods or continuously if necessary.
Zylkène is palatable and easy to give; simply open the capsule and mix the palatable powder with food or a treat. Give just once a day.
Recommended daily amounts are:
Up to 5kg: one 75mg capsule
5kg to 10kg: two 75mg capsules
10kg to 15kg: one 225mg capsule
15kg to 30kg: two 225mg capsules
15kg to 30kg: one 450mg capsule
30kg to 60kg: two 450mg capsules
Ideally Zylkène supplementation should be started a few days before required, for example before the fireworks season begins or before a kennel or cattery stay.
For long term scenarios such a new born baby into the family, Zylkène should be given for a minimum of 1-2 months or even longer if necessary.